SediMax Sediment Retention Systems
Unprotected topsoil, especially on slopes and construction sites, is vulnerable to sediment migration and runoff problems. Using the North American Green SediMax® System can prevent much of the damage and eliminate the costs associated with restoring slopes, rebuilding drainage channels, and dredging ponds and streams. The SediMax System products include SediMax-FR® Filtration Rolls and SediMax-SW® Straw Wattles.
SediMax Systems’ products include:
SediMax-FR® Filtration Rolls
- Used to create temporary, three-dimensional structures perfect for forest fire rehabilitation, bioengineering projects, construction sites, ski slopes, wetland mitigation and other applications where stormwater runoff is a concern.
- 100% biodegradable product
- Made with a 70% straw and 30% coconut fiber matrix reinforced with biodegradable netting rolled edge-to-edge.
- Up to 98% effective at reducing sediment migration
- Assists with environmental regulation compliance
- Helps earn points toward Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System project certification goals
SediMax-SW® Straw Wattles
- Used for sediment control and stormwater runoff
- Economical alternatives to silt fence and straw bales
- Can be staked along the contours of newly constructed or disturbed slopes, wrapped around storm drain inlets and used as check dams on slopes and in swales and grass waterways.
- Available in two diameter options (9 in. and 12 in.)
- Recycled, compressed, agricultural straw cylinders wrapped in photodegradable netting.